Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lawson's Dismal Dash report

Tripower won 4 of the 7 categories at today's Dismal Dash and had top 5 placings in nearly all the others to cap a great day of racing.

In addition, out of 240 total riders we placed 3 riders among the overall top 12 (or so), with Crazy, me, and Bill G.

Brenna won the cat 4 women. BJ won the 40+ women, Bill Gilmer won the cat 4 men, Mark Edwards won Juniors

The day's best TP time was turned in my Crazy Mike who rode to a 5th place finish in the 1,2,3 mens race with a 59 something to beat me by 50 some seconds and wrestle away the title as fastest TP TTer !

Conditions were brutal with freezing temperatures and TONS of wind. At times the wind was so strong that is was hard to literally not get blown off the road.

Congrats to everyone who braved the elements and represented, and way to go team !

2 comments:

Marco said...

I'm sorry I missed it...NOT! If I had gone out there the district would have taken points away from the team!

chris d said...

I'd have been pushed south by the wind into NC and been booted by the team.